GT6 Trans

To: amace@unix2.nysed.gov
Subject: GT6 Trans
From: Mike Thompson <miket@urgrgcc.edu>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 02:17:58 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Andrew,
 I have a 73 GT6 III. It to has some trans problems. I called Ted
Shumaker at TS Imports Pandora Ohio and he said he has a kit to fit a
TR6 transmission to the GT6. The GT6 trans was meant to be used with the
Spit 4 cyl as was the weak rearend. He modifies them for racing with the
TR6 trans so they can handle the extra HP's. The only difference is the
gearing or ratios. He like the GT6's gearing better, but if it breaks
it's no good anyway.  I think he wanted $400 - $500 and that includes a
used TR6 trans. I would rather do that than use a Toyota box.
TS Imports PH# 800-543-6648 or 419-384-3022
Please tell me how you make out on this because I think I'm on the same
road you are.
Cheers,

Mike Thompson
59 TR3A "almost ready for the juice"