Re: MetrInch

To: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Subject: Re: MetrInch
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 12:43:43 +1100 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Mike,
At 10:33 18/02/98 -0600, you wrote:
>FWIW Craftsman now sells this design of socket (cam-lock or
>some such trademark).  Unlike Metrinch, I can walk into Snears
>and give my "This Craftsman hand tool no longer provides me
>with complete satisfaction" speech if I ever have problems...

Yes, I miss Craftsman tools. I've had my 1/2"-drive socket wrench since '79.
I once raised my Mazda with it (jack on the end of the handle) to undo my
crankshaft pulley nut. If it broke, I could have got it replaced ... but it
didn't!

Tools of similar quality cost a lot more in Oz.

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia