Re: Triumph Acclaim?

To: Windoseat@aol.com
Subject: Re: Triumph Acclaim?
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 11:56:45 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Yep, they have the Civic front end, and very nice engine.
I believe they came with loads of gizmos, and they are
quite nippy.  I think some had the tuned engine in, and
were very quick.  My friend has a Civic from that era,
and the engine's still in perfect nick.

Some people say there not a "Proper Triumph", but you have
got to say it is so, so that you can take the piss out of
MG owners down the pub who have the MG Metro.  I have owned
a metro, and it was not nice.  So I do have a soft spot for
this car.  The other thing I am reminded about when people
say it's not a proper triumph because it's not a sports car,
what about all the other non sports car triumphs.  Herald,
Dolly etc.

So you can say if you own a new Honda Civic you actually have
a new Triumph.

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot