Re: Rotoflexes, etc...

To: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Rotoflexes, etc...
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 11:00:18 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Nope, about a half an inch displacement is normal.  It's a matter of prying
and pushing to get it in there, even with the spring tool, which by the way
I have.  You do want the spring to be at the loaded condition, because at
that point the axles are at their longest extension, and hence requires
less effort to push the upright (distort the rotoflex joint) into position.
 Now you can understand why I modified my rear end to accept TR6 sliding
type axles.  Those rotoflex joints, while providing some benefits, are a
royal pain to replace!!!  Happy prying!

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (project)
73 Ford Courier (parts hauler, rain vehicle)