TR6 Engine Parts

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Engine Parts
From: Randy Miller <rfmille@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 19:27:01 -0800
Well I just received the new engine parts, along with a few others for
my TR6. I'm commenting on this because I have noticed a few comments
about back orders from the big parts suppliers lately.

        I ordered the parts from two different suppliers. British Parts
Northwest and The British Parts Connection. The bulk of the order went
to British Parts Northwest, including pistons, rings, bearings, gasket
sets, frost plugs, valve seats, SS exh valves, guides, and more. The
price was substantially less than the bigger suppliers, and I was happy
to discover that there was not one item I ordered put on back order.

        I'm writing this as recently there has been a few concerns about the
quality of the parts and the service from this supplier. After
inspecting the parts I feel prety good about my decision to order from
them. The parts were shipped the same day I ordered them and were well
packaged.

        At the time I was getting prices everyones favorite supplier was more
concerned that I couldn't give them their part numbers than taking the
info from me (I couldn't do this because I didn't have one of their
catalogues). When I received the quotation and inquired about stock,
about 25% of what I wanted was out of stock with no estimation as to
when it would be in.

        All in all I'm quite happy with my decission to deal with a couple of
the smaller parts dealers and would not hesitate to order from either of
them again.

        Well enough preaching, now that the parts are here I really have my
work cut out for me.

Randy Miller
Schomberg, Ontario
Canada