re:help...boy, do I feel dumb!!!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re:help...boy, do I feel dumb!!!
From: Jon Moody <mood@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 1998 16:20:28 -0500
Thanks to all who responded to my question about my sputtering car.  My
lack of mechanical experience and knowhow really reared its ugly head
this time...

As you all may recall, my car had sat for a while and when started it up
it ran fine for the first three miles or so and then started sputering
really badly.

I figured I had some sort of fuel problem and after taking apart the
carbs and the fuel pump to inspect the diaphrams, it was just as some of
you described.  I think some water condensed inside the dizzy cap.  I
cleaned off those contacts with a little steel wool and sprayed some
WD40 in there and she started right up.  Live and learn.  Too bad that
it took me so long to do the first two things!!!

Anyway, thanks again.

--Jon Moody '73 TR6