Re: TR3A - Windshield glazing strip...

To: raymo1@airmail.net, owner-triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3A - Windshield glazing strip...
From: WBabbitt <WBabbitt@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 18:22:58 EST

In a message dated 3/8/98 17:58:56, raymo1@airmail.net wrote:

<<
I'm putting a new windshield in my TR3A.  Does the glazing strip go
under or over the 'L' brackets in the lower corner?  I though over at
first but am not so sure now.

Also do I cut it at an angle to match that of the windshield frame or
just off square before the angle starts?

Thanks in advance....

Did this operation a few months back, to replace the windshield that the DPO
had cracked when he installed it.
Temporarly tape the glazing to the glass, folding it around the edge of the
glass, until you have completely surrounded the glass.  Make sure the tape is
high enough that you'll be able to remove it after you put the glass in the
frame.   When I got to the lower corners, I cut the glazing on the diagonal,
making sure there was enough material to avoid leaving a gap.  Then place it
in the upper frame.  Attach the "L" brackets to the lower frame.  Then attach
the lower frame to the upper frame.
Before putting the glass in the frame, check the three screws on each side
that attach the support brackets to the frame.   Make sure that they aren't
too long - they'll destroy your new windshield.
ps, anybody need a slightly cracked windshield that's in otherwise great
shape?
Bill Babbitt
TR3A in a Bag (but hopefully not for ever)
Gales Ferry, Ct.