Re: Hiccuping TR6

To: Bollen <bollen@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: Hiccuping TR6
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 11:15:25 -0500
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Stu,

My TR3B did the same thing, sputtered for a few beats, then ran like a
champ. When it happened a third time, I pulled over, found nothing obvious
and headed back for the house. I didn't make it...

I rolled into a parking lot, pulled the distributor cap and found the nut
holding the wire to the points loose. Tightened the nut, it fired right
back up and we turned back around for our drive. We were on the side of the
road for 5 minutes, and for 3 of them the wife was none too happy!