Rear Disc Brakes/Asteroids

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Rear Disc Brakes/Asteroids
From: "Ross Vincenti" <RVincenti@lbfc.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 8:21 -0800
     Scions - I have been following this thread closely lately and
     something just occurred to me today (okay, I never said I caught on to
     things very quickly).

     Namely, there are a LOT of modern cars with 4 wheel disc brakes out
     there and not all of them use the "drum/disc" combo unit for the
     parking brake - so how do they set up the parking brake system?  I
     suppose if I felt like it I could crawl under the Honda Prelude
     tonight and look at that set up, but frankly I'm just too damn lazy
     (and old).  Any of you young guys want to crawl under your cars
     tonight and report back tomorrow?  Thoughts/comments?

     On another note, I heard the news report this morning while getting
     dressed for work about the asteroid that will hit Earth in about 30
     years and possibly cause another ice age.  At first I thought the
     newscaster said "hemmoroid" which caused me to do a double take and
     turn up the sound as the thought of a giant hemmoroid smashing into
     Earth is a bit unnerving.  But then I realized he said asteroid and I
     calmed down.  Look at it this way, all you list members who like to
     drive in cold weather will have a ball!

     Ross D. Vincenti
     64 Spitfire 4
     64 Porsche 356C Coupe