Extender - Rust Destroyer

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Extender - Rust Destroyer
From: jbonina@nectech.com
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 11:58:50 -0500
     I just used this stuff on the bottom of my seat sliding rails. You
     sand or wire brush, then apply 2-3 coats within 2 minutes of each
     other. The can says it dries black.

     Well, it went on wet and clear and I was worried I bought junk.
     Overnight, just as they said, it turned black everywhere there was
     rust. On the parts of the rails that were silver and not rusted, I
     don't see anything. The stuff is apparently still clear.

     I intend on priming over it (even though the manufacturer says I can
     paint directly on it), then using a rust inhibiting paint. I'll report
     the results in 5 years.

     Anyone have any experience with Exxtender by Permatex?