Re: fuel leaks from stromberg carb

To: r-james@tamu.edu
Subject: Re: fuel leaks from stromberg carb
From: Rod Randle <randle@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 16:08:44 -0800
Cc: carbuff@scooter.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I don't have an answer but I do have a possiblity.  Is the gas cap supposed to
be a
sealed cap or vented cap.  If it is supposed to be vented and a sealed cap is
put
on what are the chances of gas in the tank expanding and forcing the carb to
overflow?  I have heard of this problem somewhere before but I don't remember
where.

Rod Randle
'78 Spit