Re: MGB Distributor

Subject: Re: MGB Distributor
From: "Gary Campbell" <gcampbell@jnpcs.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 19:58:24 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Mark
I had one on my 76 spit (DPO) I tried for three months to get it to run.
First you can't time it. I had it set way before and after the timing marks,
second  it was running  way too rich because of a weak spark.
(all new parts)Third it wouldn't get anywhere near the dwell spec.I bought
one from a  73 spit and  found it didn't have the same cam. I put Triumph
one in set everything, now it runs like a champ!!

Unless there are be different specs for other MGs.  Mine didn't work.

Gary Campbell
76 Spit (almost)