GT6+ carbs....what now?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6+ carbs....what now?
From: "Thomas Carney" <panacea19@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 10:56:44 PST
  Ok here is the continuing saga of my poor GT6+.  After all the
confusion about whether or not the oil ring was worn.  I took the advice
of a friend that said the ring maybe stuck in the seat of the piston.
He said that it does happen when a car isn't run for a while.  In my
case about 15yrs since this december.  So I ran the car for a while
hoping the heat may dislodge it.  It appears that is has so I am saved
right?  Now I have a question about a recent rebuild I did on my carbs.
The workmanual isn't too specific about the later carbs and I don't have
the stromberg carb book.  This is about the choke.  Is there a certain
way it goes in.  I am referring to the disc shaped piece with the thread
on the other end for the bolt to hold the actiuating arm.  The carb body
has an eliptical shaped hole and the disc has 4 holes on one edge and 1
hole on the other side.   Is there a special way to put this whole unit
together?  I seem to be running too rich even if I lean out the jet
adjustments.  By the way I have the earlier type adjusters on.  Thanks
Tom