Swing Spring

To: Triumphs Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Swing Spring
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 17:41:00 -0800
Amidst the tinkering with the Spit database, trying to make a living and
get the Spit running, I managed to complete the rear end upgrade I have
been planning all winter.  I replaced the Differential with 3.89 (from
4.11) and added the swing-spring assembly off a '75 Spit.  I had
previously installed the larger front swaybar and this completes the
upgrade.

I took it for a spin on a rather winding road to test out the assembly.
All I have to say is, "My complements to the Triumph engineers."  The
old Spit stuck to the road like it was glued down.  No more of this
unpredictable wheel jacking I have come to expect.  And to really add a
further benefit, no clunks, clonks, clinks or clanks.  I guess I got the
U-Joints in correctly.  I even have full brake pedal, thanks to
adjusting the rears and my wife's foot action helping to bleed them.

Now on to bigger and better projects, like cleaning up the beast, adding
the leather cover to the Steering wheel I am semi-manufacturing and
installing new seat-back foam.

I'll be seeing some of you on the road now.

Joe Curry
--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing