Re: Simple green - PURPLE POWER!

To: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Simple green - PURPLE POWER!
From: SUCHAK <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 23:39:47 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Barry Schwartz wrote:

> I am planning on cleaning off the many years of dry dirt and
> oily grime from a junk yard C4 automatic transmission (aluminum) before I
> work on it (nother story).

Don't waste your time with anything else, just head down to the local
parts store and get a big jug of "purple degreaser" (I buy Coastal
brand, but there seems to be many people selling it.  I once heard that
it was originally designed to strip wax off floors, but the packaging
describes it as a general purpose degreaser.

I apply it REALLY liberally to the part with a spray bottle, straight
out of the bottle, not diluted.  I usually start with the part dry so as
to not dilute the degreaser as well..  Let it soak in for a couple of
minutes, then go over the part with more degreaser and a stiff brush.
You'll be amazed at how much goop just flows off as you spray more
degreaser on.  Then just spray it off with a hose.  It's citrus based
and biodegradable.

It's really handy stuff.  I get it in the five gallon jug for 10 or 15
bucks.  Kicks all other degreasers butts.

Good luck.

John