RE: $10 spring compressor

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: $10 spring compressor
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 23:15:39 -0700

Thanks Cliff. This is good info.

> Remove the shock.  Feed the threaded rod up through the
> suspension tower, put a washer and one nut on the top of
> the rod.  Put your "spring pan pusher" up against the bottom
> of the pan, followed by a couple of washers and the second
> coupling nut.  Be sure to grease the thing well.  Wrench away.

It has been a while since I did this (I used a jack like described in
the Bentley manual). What I can't recall is what allows the spring to be
removed when the above method is followed. All I can see happening is
the spring getting compressed but the things holding it in (the spring
pan and the suspension tower) are also held by the compressor. What ma I
not seeing here???

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada