BMIHT Certificates

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: BMIHT Certificates
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 18:31:30 -0000
Hi, guys
For those of you already in possession of one of these bits of papper,
study it closely to see if BMIHT have shown an original UK registration
(licence plate) number. This will indicate that back down the aeons of
time, your little Triumph when 'brand spanking' was either "shipped direct"
(as a UK licenced car) or delivered for first owner use in the UK or
Europe. There are two types of number - depending on the age of the
vehicle.
Type 1 format - up to four numbers !1 to 9999) followed by the letter
combinations of DU, HP, KV, VC, RW and WK. Up to SIX numeric/alpha symbols
in all.
Type 2 format - three letters of which letters two and three were in the
same combinations as those shown above followed by the numbers 1 to 999
plus a further single letter. Up to SEVEN alpha/numeric/alpha symbols in
all
If your certificate shows a UK licence number within the parameters shown
above, e-mail me 'off-list' telling me what you've found and I'll respond
with something that might be of interest!
John Macartney