Re: Fwd: Triumph prices

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Larry Hooven" <dirty_howi@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Triumph prices
From: "Ross Vincenti" <RVincenti@lbfc.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 8:21 -0800
Larry wrote:

i am forwarding this to the list, it came through my site.  as i am no
expert, let me know or reply to dave directly i don't know if he exists
out here.
==============
Larry,
     I have a 1975 triumph 1500 that is currently in pieces, needs brakes
suspension engine and body work.... It currently is owned by my wife who
says if I want it I have to pay for it.  Well what would fair market be
on this former gem?

***************************
Dave/Larry - Perhaps I am a bit confused - It is owned by your WIFE and
she expects you to PAY FOR IT?  Hmmmmm.  You know, my wife and I have
had our spats over the years, but I can't ever recalling her demanding
that I pay for something [at least not with cash - other goods or
"services" maybe...... :^)  ]

FWIW, if she wants cash, then I'd say that in the condition that you
described, it is probably worth $300 to $500 depending on how bad it
really is.  Also, you probably could part it out to the members of this
list and make a profit.  Just a thought.  Sounds like a lot of work to
restore it.  Good luck.

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spitfire 4
64 Porsche 356C Coupe