Re: installing new TR3 sill

To: Lftlesl <Lftlesl@aol.com>
Subject: Re: installing new TR3 sill
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 08:23:26 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I am wondering this myself.  The problem is that you can paint the panel
inside and make it totally rustproof and when you put the panel over it,
you apply heat either with a MIG welder, spot welder or some other type
of attaching device.  THis effectively burns holes in the painted
surface and leaves it again exposed to the elements.

What I did after attaching the panels is to spray paint into the access
holes as best I could to cover any bare metal and then prayed a lot that
I got it all.

Joe Curry

--

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer