Re: SB 42

To: ecopaige@metro.net
Subject: Re: SB 42
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 98 14:56:00 PST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dean C. Paige wrote:
        > As I understand the situation you're only out of luck
        > temporarily. Isn't there a provision in the law that
        > begins to incorporate all cars over 25
        > years old into the program at some specified time in the future?

The provision for SB42 exempts cars that are OLDER than 30 years,
but does not come ino effect until 2004.  Further, the this is
a "rolling" provision, which means 1974 cars become exempt from
biannual smog testing in 2004, 1975 cars will be exempt in 2005,
1980 cars in 2010, etc.  Pity our poor TR7/8 and late-model Spitfire
Brothers!

So yes, you are right, we are out of luck "temporarily", but 2004 is
still 6 years away!

        Shane Ingate in San Diego