Re: Head (-gasket) Vitesse / GT6

To: "H. Schoonhoff" <8gees@wxs.nl>
Subject: Re: Head (-gasket) Vitesse / GT6
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 17:17:19 +1100 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 07:12 24/03/98 +0100, you wrote:

>Is it normal for Vitesse II head to have some of the openings blocked by
the >gasket and the bottem end ? This means that there are to many openings
in the >head necessary for proper use.

I have no experience with these models, but I found the same thing (head
gasket blocks holes in the head) on my Sprint engine. The best explanation
I've heard is that the factory realised that the back of the head wasn't
getting cooled as well as the front, so they blocked some of the upstream
water jacket holes in order to force more water to the most downstream regions.

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia