Kango Reflex

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, blang@mit.edu
Subject: Kango Reflex
From: jbonina@nectech.com
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 09:13:15 -0500
     Latest project: Making sure when I get killed in a crash, my body
     stays strapped to the seat. Yes, I'm trying to make the seatbelts
     functional.

     The problem is that they won't retract much, just a bit. I took the
     side covers off and amused myself with that darn clever inertia
     system. Pretty cool and simple. Back to the subject: The spring that
     does the recoil seems to have lost it's oomph. What are my options?
     Find junkyard springs that still have their oomph? Can I find new
     springs to replace them?

     Last, the brand name on the seatbelt is Kango Reflex. Is this OEM or
     after-market? I don't want to kill myself trying to find "original"
     after-market replacements.

     Thanks dudes (and dudettes),
     Jeff
     '73 TR6 in Mass.