TR7/Dolomite oil leak

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR7/Dolomite oil leak
From: S9609206@boomerang.aero.rmit.EDU.AU
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 08:10:21 EST-10
Hello

I am new to this list and hoping that someone out there will be able
to enlighten me on the large amount of oil that seems to be squirting
from the block of my 1976 Dolomite 1850. The problem started off as
oil mist blowing out from underneath the front carburretor, but has
now progressed to a steady stream of oil exuding from just below the
water pump.

My question is, is there an oil gallerly plug, welsh
plug, or oil seal in this region that is causing my dolly to
hemorage ? If so, does anybody know of any good Triumph parts
suppliers in Australia who could help with parts, preferably in
Victoria?

Any comment or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am very
anxious to get my car back on the road again.

thanks, Ben

Ben Blackburn
RMIT Department of
Aerospace Engineering