Battery charging -

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Battery charging -
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 10:42:11 -0800
O.K. heres one for all you battery experts out there.  I've always wondered
which method was best for the battery.  Situation, assuming a fairly good,
sound battery:  The battery is discharged to the point of barely turning
the engine over.  The water level is still covering the plates, but could
use topping up, i.e. the level is not at the bottom of the filler holes -
Is it better to charge the battery fully, then top off the cells or top
them off first, then charge?  I'm sure either way won't be that detrimental
to the battery in general, but also, one way may provide some benefit over
the other - (and see, no airplane references on this one!! ;-})

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (project)
73 Ford Courier (parts hauler, rain vehicle, getting a V6 soon!)