Re: TR6 not missing anymore

To: Bollen <bollen@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 not missing anymore
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 20:01:47 -0500
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Stu:
Thanks for the post regarding the gas problem. I know that most of us in
the great frozen north do not drive our cars enough during the winter and
today's gasoline does not stand up to storage. The new formulations have
had their reid vapor pressure reduced and they've been oxygenated. This
combo may help reduce pollution, but the gas goes stale quickly. I've used
gas stabilizers for the past few years but even they aren't the best
solution.
When I get my car ready (next week I hope), I'm going to drive 3 blocks and
get the highest octane gas I can to mix with the old stuff.

Jeff Johnson
'76 TR6
original owner

-