Re: Starter solved but now no start on 80 Spitfire

To: Nikki MW1 <NikkiMW1@aol.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Starter solved but now no start on 80 Spitfire
From: tomomalley@hey.net (Tom O'Malley)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 18:49:52 GMT
Nikki...

>Hello its me again,
>Well I got the starter problem solved but now she won't start.

Hey...what was wrong with the starter...I'm still in suspense here.
:-)

> Just cranks and cranks.  She doesn't even kick.

Well...you probably didn't lose compression...that leaves fuel and
ignition.

>I traced all the wires that I might have
>bumped while putting in the new started but all seem intact.  In order to get
>the starter in and out I had to remove or move out of the way the fuel pump
>(electric) it still humms away.  Oil sender from bottom of distributor.  And
>the starter wire.  Everything is back to where it should be.  Right now I
>can't think of anything that I missed.  I am looking to the wisdom of the list
>for some answers
>TIA
>Nikki

Is fuel really making it to the carb?
Here's a longshot...do you have a three terminal oil sender?  Mixing
up the wires might make the anti-dieseling solenoid cut off your fuel.
<not sure if an '80 is so equipped>

Cheers!
Tom O'Malley
'74, '77 Spits