RE: sealing plugs

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: sealing plugs
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 18:37:44 -0700

Positive. I plugged the other holes for the pollution stuff with pipe
thread plugs though.

> Pipe threads seal nicely with just teflon tape, or something
> similar...

I think the heat in this area might be a consideration. That's why I
thought I would try the exhaust stuff 0 it is made for high  heat. I'm
just not sure if it's good to have this kind of stuff anywhere near the
cylinder innards.

> You may want to have a copper washer cut for you out of plate copper,
> and
> use a gasket compound on it.

Most places that do this kind of stuff have a minimum shop charge so it
may not be practical. But I might try this route.

> BTW, you might find a whitworth sized socket that will *exactly* fit
> your
> bolt.  I seem to remember it was either 5/8W or 9/16W (just smaller
> than
> 1-1/8")

Already have the right wrench - sockets won't do cause there is not
enough clearance due to proximity of a head stud/nut.

Thanks for the ideas.

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada