Re: will the spending never stop???????

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Larry Hooven" <dirty_howi@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: will the spending never stop???????
From: "Ross Vincenti" <RVincenti@lbfc.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 12:21 -0800
     Larry wrote:
question 1...
can a rebuildable fuel pump be put on a 79 spifire, or does parts
unavailabilty make this a bad idea...
+++++++
             Yes.  You can get a rebuild kit from across the pond if you
     want to rebuild it.  But a repro. pump is only about $45 from VB.
+++++++
question 2...
what color should the seat frames and slides be painted (or should they)
for this car.  i figured just plain ol black enamel (something i have a
case of)..
+++++++
        My seat frame is black, and even though it is 15 years younger, I
     assume it stayed the same.  Sliders were unpainted, but I painted mine
     black to match the frame (non-original but who cares?)
+++++++
question 3...
lower a-arms paint color same as above but different part..had the new
a-arm i got from dave blasted and now am considering painting it...i
want to leave one side on as sort of a backwards reference.
+++++++
     If you can afford it, get it powder coated semi-gloss black.  10 times
     harder than black chassis paint. Otherwise, Dupont Centauri chassis
     black is what I used.
+++++++
question 4...
obvious dpo hack...front brake pads are held together with some 1/4 in
dia. nails that are bent to hold the whole thing together...caliper pin
kit is 11 bucks at vb..(no moss catalog with me right now  :( )plan on
doing a brake job while i have the things off...what is the minumum
thickness of the disks...they are rusted and will need to be turned, but
want to make sure i have enough to take a total of about .010 off the
disk...
+++++++
        Don't know off hand, but the brake shop that turned mine has a
book with all the specs.  Trust me, if there is not enough left, they
won't do it - too much liability.

     Ross D. Vincenti
     64 Spitfire 4
     64 Porsche 356C Coupe