Re: Sheet metal source

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Sheet metal source
From: tomomalley@hey.net (Tom O'Malley)
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 1998 19:57:35 GMT
Trevor writes...

>  Is steel really that expensive?
>
>  The local warehouses around here will sell mild steel sheet off the
>street for about $10CDN for a 2 foot by 4 foot sheet, which is about
>as much as you'll get out of a car roof and is already clean and
>paint free.

At that price I'd definitely buy new.  If you opt to grab a piece off
a junk car somewhere you'll need some way to cut it out to get it
home.  Certainly doable but it's more work. There may also be a bit of
"shape" pressed into it that you may or may not want.

Cheers!
Tom O'Malley in Southbridge Massachusetts
'74, '77 Spits