1500 idle speed..

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1500 idle speed..
From: Troy Johnson <clancy@softdisk.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 17:51:56 -0700
Hello all,

I recently got my 78Spitfire back from hospital after being rearended by
a dodge truck. It was at the body shop first, then on to the local brit
mechanic to replace the differential.....definitly a lot nicer drive
without that whirrrring noise. Anyway, I was wondering if someone could
tell me what the idle speed should be on the 1500 engine? The PO had a
weber downdraft installed, and after it warms up a bit it is idleing at
around 1800 to 2000 rpm's. I know this can't be right. It's got to be
too high. But, what is the proper idle speed?
Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.....I appreciate you all,
muchly!

Troy Johnson
Bossier City, Louisiana
78 Spit