Re: Spin on Adapters (and a question)

To: mdporter@rt66.com
Subject: Re: Spin on Adapters (and a question)
From: johnw@wrq.com
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 09:48:20 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
     My apologies about the misspelling of the word "adapter."

     Do you know of the filters I am asking about?

     Thanks
     jw

Author:  mdporter@rt66.com
Date:    4/10/98 9:25 AM

johnw@wrq.com wrote:

>      >Michael D. Porter wrote:
>
>      >The one (oil filter adaptor -ed.) I

Well, John, perhaps that's the way it's spelled in GB, or perhaps that's
the way it reads in the catalog, but in American parlance, it's
"adapter." After two degrees in English, and almost ten years writing
automotive parts and maintenance manuals, I should know. <smile> In
American automotive, anything which changes function, i.e., adapts, is
an adapter. However, compressors aren't compressers, but still
compressors. <g>

Cheers.

--
My other Triumph runs, but....