STC number and early water pump

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: STC number and early water pump
From: "Scott Kohl" <sdkgt6@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 16:27:53 PDT
Hi, all.
Whoever started the thread about the "STC" plate on their TR4, dredge
your memory banks.  The plate on my Mk. 1 Spit reads "Triumph...STC 63".
What was the reason, again, for this plate? Also, I have a spare Mk. 2
engine with an OEM greasable water pump.  It doesn't feel really loose
(a tiny bit of play), and also feels like it needs greasing.  I'm going
to replace it, so if anybody needs one for a concours car, they can have
it.  No guarantee, so just pay for shipping.

Cheers

Scott Kohl
'69 GT6+ KC 52296 L
'67 2000 Saloon MB 40518 LDL
'63 Spifire 4 FC 9468 L (been off the road for 20 YEARS, back by summer,
I hope)