Re: Spitfire Hardtop help needed and what's the easiest perf mod?

To: Hank Brakman <hank@discovernet.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Hardtop help needed and what's the easiest perf mod?
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 15:04:12 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hank,
It's easy to install either the SU's or Weber you mention.  However, I'm
not sure what effect it would have on Emissions.  You can get a set of 1
1/4" SU's from an early 1300 engine and they will bolt right on.  Or you
can get a 1 1/2" SU setup from across the pond.  They were standard on
many 1500's in Europe where the emissions standards were not as strict.
Either will boost your performance.  The Weber downdraft may be a better
choice for emissions, however.  They are available with either manual or
automatic choke.

Sorry, can't help with the captive nut question.  The only thing I know
about captive nuts is what I learned from Jack Nicholson in "One Flew
Over the Cuckoo's Nest".

Regards,
Joe Curry

--