DAN MASTER IS BACK!!!!

To: DANMAS@aol.com, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, prubrew@ix.netcom.com
Subject: DAN MASTER IS BACK!!!!
From: John Duhart <DUHART@symbol.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 07:59:07 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
HORAY!!!!(sp)

 Welcome back Dan Masters!  Ofcourse I have a personal reason to be so happy
that you are back.  About 3-4 weeks ago I started to go through a battle with
my TR6 Alt.  I have questions.

 Let me explain where I am in the story.  I have replaced the Rectifier pack
and the Voltage regulator with a 4-wire unit from TRF.  This weekend I charged
the battery with my battery charger.  I start the car up and the IGN light dims
a bit but never extinguishes.  If I rev the engine to about 1300 RPM and
measure the voltage cross the battery I now get a steady 13.88V (digital volt
meter).  No matter how high i rev the engine the IGN light never goes out.

 I have read the articles on VTR.  My wiring harness is from a 75 TR6.  The Alt
has a metal name plate attached to the ground of the rectifier-pack bolt the
says it is a 18AC.  Any ideas Dan?

Thanks,
JHD IV