Re: Got the Diff. (ratios)

To: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Got the Diff. (ratios)
From: James Densley <jamesd@wsunix.wsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 12:17:16 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> It will be noticeably slower off the line, and passing etc. with the 3.27
> rear end.

The passing issue is definitely a concern.  What rpm's does your GT6 run
at for 60mph?  Have you pushed it beyond 100mph?  Just curious.  Not much
traffic out here in eastern Washington.   ;)

So far my TR4 is quicker and passes better than the GT6.  And, with the
4.11 rear end, I'm getting poor mileage and have the thing revved up just
to stay at 70mph.  I'm not too far from Montana, land of those who are
both reasonable and prudent <smirk>, and I motor over there every so
often to look at the scenery.

I'll have to muse over which differential for awhile.  I'm going to
rebuild the whole rear suspension, and am in the process of collecting the
necessary parts.  Which poses another question--which shocks, Spax or
Koni's?

Jim Densley

61 TR4  CT757L
69 GT6+  KC54071LO