Re. Caliper & Sandblasting

To: <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re. Caliper & Sandblasting
From: "David Hill" <David_J_Hill@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 12:34:23 +0100
Helo, Patrick.

Brake component can be blasted, provided ALL the sealing surfaces and
inlet/outlet ports are masked off. For the threaded ports, old bleed screws
or tube nuts with a short length of brake pipe crimped flat will keep out
the abrasive.
For the larger aperture, anything made of solid rubber will protect them.
For calipers, I use some old rubber biffers from a roof rack and the
abrasive just bounces off.
When you've finished, blow out the castings with compressed air, wash them
very carefully with methylated spirits (wodd aclohol) and blow dry again.
This works for me in an Eastwood cabinet, using carborundum grit at 90psi.
Just remeber, ONE speck of grit will wreck a seal so pay attention to the
cleaning up.

Cheers,

Dave Hill