Re: MIG's

To: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Subject: Re: MIG's
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 17:07:03 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Jack,

There isn't a Home Depot that I know of in my area.  I'll check the
Omaha phone book and see if they have one up there.  I forgot to
mention that the brand name was clarke.  The more I think about that
one the more I'm not interested.  It has switches for power settings
and NOT a variable dial.  I would think switches would make it harder
to weld since you can't fine tune the power setting.

I did find a Lincoln weldpak 100 for about $350 in a store close to
me but if Home Depot has them that cheap then I'll keep looking.

Thanks for the feedback.

> Home Depot has the Lincoln 100 for $268 and you'll be able to get
> parts forever.  Not always true for no-name brands.
>
> Keep in mind though, a real mask(w/headband), not the hold in your
> hand type will cost another $20, Approx $75 for the gas kit, and
> $100 for the Argon/CO gas bottle, brings you to about $450, for the
> compelete package.
>
> Ask all the questions and make sure you know what you are getting
> before you have Whitney ship a heavy package to you.  It's expensive
> to ship it back.
>
> I'm not knocking Whitney, they sometimes have good stuff, but be
> careful. They have, at times, earned thier reputation.

Brad  (In Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (Back on the Road!!!!!)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Car is finally home and ready for
Restoration)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Frame back in garage and ready to
paint)