question for those who know....

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: question for those who know....
From: "Larry Hooven" <dirty_howi@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 10:13:17 PDT
since i have been paroled by the gracious governor mace, and warden
curry at least got me the new suit...i'm back to pester the collective
mind of those who have been there done that.

Ordered and received a poly bushing kit from BPNW, given that all the
bushing's are shot, figured hey got the money (first money not spent on
alimony), get the stuff you need now....so here's the scenario..

1979 spitfire,
bushing set as well as other assundry parts, (hours work for those if
that)
2 semi sober mechanics with just about every tool one would need
(including the list of course) to do front end work...done it on other
cars, but since murphy and james's marmot live at my house...

question(s):
best guess as to how long (there abouts) it will take to replace all the
bushing's in the car's front end for now...rear end can wait if there is
any work to be done there at all...

as the car is not running, would it be possible to do only one side at a
time...(hope to cure this problem as well see assundry parts)

any tips, tricks techniques for not killing myself with a flying spring,
have full setup of spring compressors if i need them...or can i remove
the shock tower as a unit and put it in the air powered spring
compressor.

last question...non bushing related, but then again...the bonnet on
penny sags at the windshield. by about 1/8th inch or so, all the way
across the front under the windshield (screen) which leads me to think
(there i go again) that there are supposed to be rubber pieces that hold
up this part of the bonnet flush with the air screen on the front that
are now missing, if so where approximately are they located so i can
get/make/steal/pilfer/plunder some new ones...

the reason i ask, is i can't lay up the car in the garage on jack stands
for any extended period of time (i.e. week) it needs to roll at least,
even if i have to push it. however you slice it i still have 2 paying
jobs that need that space..and i need the money....

hopefully this is ubiquitious enough to not garner the wrath of mace
again.....  :)))  j/k andy...so when can i apply for a full pardon??????
:)

larry, I'd Rather Push A Triumph Than Drive an MG
1979 spitfire  #FM99248U hoping to drive by mid may....

NOW ON THE WEB at http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/9311 drop
a line and sign the guest book.

Murphys twentieth Law of Combat...tracers work both ways.