Triumphs in South Africa

To: <george@virconn.com>
Subject: Triumphs in South Africa
From: "Chris Leah" <crl@intekom.co.za>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 22:44:04 +0200charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Hi Cecilia
Your e-mail was passed on to me by Justin Wagner.
First of all, congratulations on gettig a Triumph, they are great cars to
own and fun to drive. Which one did you get?
Secondly, whereabouts in South Africa are you as there are Triumph Clubs in
all major centres in the country, e.g. Pretoria, Johannesburg, Durban, East
London, Port Elizabeth, Bloemfontein and Cape Town.
Spares are avialable through the Triumph Sports Car Club to members only,
and membership is only of the order of R120 p.a.
If you are going to be in the Pretoria area on the 2nd of May, you should
come along to the Air Force Museum at the Swartkops Air Base just south of
Pretoria as the TSCC will be holding their National Gathering to celebrate
75 years of the Triumph marque. We anticipate that there will be of the
order
of 260 cars there from a 1936 Triumph Super Seven through Roadsters, TR2's,
3's. 4's 5's, 6's and 7/8's as well as Spitfire Heralds and a fair
sprinkling of the saloons as well as the old aircraft such as the
Supermarine Spitfire and the F86 Sabre.  We will be there from about 08h00
to 16h00 and you will be able to see the various cars, talk to the members
and find out everything you wanted to know about Triumphs ( as well as a few
things you
probably didn't want to know) as well as the clubs.
Please contact me when you can and I will try and put you in touch with
someone in your area.
Best regards
Chris Leah
Durban, South Africa
Spitfire Mk2

PS.  Message for Joe Curry on the Triumphs List. I hope to have the South
African Spitfire list this weekend when I go to Pietermaritzburg for the
annual Cars in the Park Show, and will contact you next week re getting it
on to your data base.