Re: just how many filters and what is that made of

To: "Larry Hooven" <dirty_howi@hotmail.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: just how many filters and what is that made of
From: "Vicky Graves" <alecks@globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 07:38:24 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi Larry,

    The spacer is made of phenolic resin. It helps to shield the pump from
heat. You will find this material used, on older american cars also, as a
carb spacer. Phenolic is very durable & also very expensive. In aircraft it
was used in liquid form to laminate & glue plastics where the parts where
subjected to high temps. BTW, Monroe used to make
a decent shock for LBC's. I found 3 fuel filters on my Spit & NONE on my
GT6+ when I purchased them.

Cheers,
John Graves