Re: GT6 hop and clunk

To: <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: GT6 hop and clunk
From: "Matt Kennedy" <matt@telsoft.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 11:44:26 +1200charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
From: jonmac <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>

>Matt,
>Check the radius rod running forward from the rear hub. It's possible the
>bush has worn out or the rod itself has come adrift but has yet to drop
>down.

Well I finally got around to having a look at this on the weekend, and
you're fairly much spot on.

Seems the thread has stripped in the adjustable part of the radius arm and
it's gone all floppy in the middle.  This was really only apparent once the
car was up on jack stands with the road wheels off.

It appears that there isn't a spare available in the country, so it's off to
the welders I go.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions,
matt
___
Matthew Kennedy                                   Phone: +64 9 366 4411
matt@telsoft.co.nz                                  Fax:      +64 9 366 4412
http://www.telsoft.com                            Mobile: +64 21 51 9951
discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."
-- Isaac Asimov