Re: Life at Triumph

To: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Life at Triumph
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 14:26:39 +1000 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
You wrote:

>It is with the greatest regret that I feel I have no option but to withdraw
>"Life at Triumph" from the Internet with immediate effect. Furthermore, I
>am taking appropriate legal advice on the steps open to me to prosecute the
>person concerned for using my material for commercial gain.

John,

Is it not possible that prosecution of plagiarists good be even more
profitable than just publishing? I know copyright violation is a serious
problem in the Net, but thousands of people have obviously found a way to
live with it. And, the more transgressors who get punished, the more people
will be dissuaded from taking the risk.

Best of luck, whatever you decide to do!

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia