Dolly engins

To: triumph owners digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Spit Fires <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Dolly engins
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 10:10:09 +0000
Heres one for you all in Dolly land.

El dolimite sprint / 1850, do they av font engin rwd setup?  If so what
differences are there between them and the 1500 engined dolys, in the
engin mount area.  I have descided on a new project, and am looking at
putting one of the above in to the Spitifire.  I descided that if it's
not going to be original, then it can be unoriginal in style.  Plus I
would like to see somthing with Triumph written on it in the engin
compartment.

>From the 1500 to 1850 what changes are there to the engin mounts / gear
box mounts.  Will I need to alter my propshaft and the final drive, I
hope it can cope with the 1850's power.

How heavy are these engins compaired to the 1500, has this swap been
done with a 1500 doly, if so what problem have been encountered.

At the moment I have a 13/50 engin is in the car, and a dolly 1500 out,
the doly one is abit terminal, cracked piston, everything needed.  The
13/50 is quit fast with the 1500 head on it, the 1500 was faster, but I
think the 1850 will have a bit more shove, and I can go past those
fiesta XR-2's etc.  Mind you when the metro used to do that, but then I
took it 500 rpm's above the red line, not what I wan't to do in the
Spitfire.

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot