Re: Insult of the week

To: Brad.Kahler@141.com, spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: Insult of the week
From: Rikrock <Rikrock@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 11:41:52 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-04-19 15:15:28 EDT, Brad.Kahler@141.com writes:

<<
 I pulled my minty new spitfire into the gas station last night to
 guess what, get gas.  Anyway there was a kid sitting in the back of a
 pickup filling in front of me.  He looked at my spit and said "Nice
 car man, is that an MG".

Hey Brad,

I wonder if the kid's parents make him ride in the back of the truck because,
you know, the boy.... just.....ain't.......quite.........?   :>)

The "Is that an MG?" question sure has been around a long while!  Over the
years, I've heard it many times.

There are few cars that most everyone can identify.  I doubt anyone ever asked
a Corvette owner the MG question!!  When I drive my TVR, the question I hear
most often is "What IS it?"  Peter's question to the MG driver, (Is that a
Triumph?) had me rolling.  The next time I see an MG, I'm going to ask the
driver the same question just to see how he responds!

Back in the eighties, a buddy bought a SAAB 900-S.  The question everyone
asked him was "Is it a turbo?"

Rich Rock
64 TR4---getting 11 to 1 head this week
65 TR4A-IRS