Re: TR6 rear suspension camber woes

To: "Lanoway, Brian" <Brian_Lanoway@standardaero.ca>, "'Triumphs Digest'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 rear suspension camber woes
From: "Kevin N. Andrews" <kevina@emji.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 22:35:46 -0400
Brian,
        The bushings should have a shoulder. I replaced mine with poly bushings
and they came split. Easier to replace.
        As for the rear camber. First, Are the notches in right?
If they are you can play around with differnet types of brackets to try and
get your camber right.
        I had a tech session for our club on wheel alignment back in October. We
had a TR-6 with negative camber. So we took all the brackets we had and
played around with them to see how much camber changes with different
combinations. We took all the readings and Pat McMullen(one of our
members)made a chart of the changes it made. Remember,there are 36
different combinations and we only made a few with the time we had. Here is
what we found on the TR-6.
RIGHT REAR
Change    Inner    Outer    Camber
started      3up       1up        -1 1/2deg.
1              3dn       1up         1 3/4 deg
2              2up       1up         -2 deg.
3              3dn       1dn         1 1/4 deg.
4              3dn       2up          1/2 deg.
settled                                  1/4 deg.

LEFT REAR
Change    Inner    Outer    Camber
started      2dn       1up       - 1/2 deg.
1              2up       1up         2 1/2 deg.
2              1up       1up         2 deg.
3              1up       2dn         1/2 deg.
settled                                 1/2 deg.

        Now this car is completely stock and has the original springs. Nothing
has
been modified.Condition of bushings can affect readings as well as tire
pressure.
Spring packs can also affect readings and the frame. (Hope it's not bent on
yours)
Hope some of this can help you in some way.
Kevin Andrews
Siler City,NC
250's (CD2908LO)
        (CD7766L)