Re: TR4 Wheels

To: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Subject: Re: TR4 Wheels
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 15:33:11 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, "Mr. Mike" Passaretti wrote:

>     Malcolm> Does the TR6 have identical wheels as the TR4?
>     Malcolm> (ie, do they have the hub-cap studs?)
>
> Yes and no.  The early TR-6's had them (1969?), but the
> later ones had the plastic hubsert things.  I have early
> TR-6 wheels on my 4, they're nice because they're wider
> and you can mount a more agressive tyre to them.  They fit
> just fine, although I'm told some people do have rubbing
> at full lock.  I don't, but I'm running a smaller tyre than
> I could be (195/60-15) for historical reasons (they're off my
> other car).

I will probably be running 165SR15s.  How wide are the '6 rims?  I only
have the plastic hub-caps (without decals) so I don't really need the
hubcap studs, it's more for the concours crowd (ha!)

I will probably have the bald tires removed soon so I can properly measure
the wheels.  Then I'll know what I have.

I think I've already got a repro wheel; only 4 out of 5 have the writing
on the blanks spots about the hubcap studs.  Suits me :-)

-Malcolm