GT6 tranny & diff opinions

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: GT6 tranny & diff opinions
From: "Scott Decker" <sdecker@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 15:17:31 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Hopefully this hasn't been thrown about a thousand times already.  If so,
references to previous threads would be appreciated.

I'm going to need to rebuild the gearbox and diff in my GT6.  While I'm at
it, in the collective wisdom of the list, are there any 'common' methods of
beefing the things up a bit beyond the factory specs?  Or, can these units
be replaced by something like TR6 units?  I'm really looking for greater
reliability than the stock units here.  I've had two previous GT6's and they
are a little thin in these areas (as I'm sure you already know).

Any input would be greatly appreciated.  I've lurked the list for several
months now, but didn't have any questions to ask until I picked up my latest
baby this week.

TIA!

Scott Decker
70 GT6+ KC79034LC