Back on the road

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Back on the road
From: Cliff Hansen <chansen@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 22:11:21 -0400
I couldn't wait for the alignment scheduled for next Tuesday so
what the heck, I'll suffer with the slight crabbing for three days,
the car is back in service.  I rediscovered all the "ought-to-dos"
that I knew about last fall before I put the car away for front
end work.  Like, adjusting the heater control so that it _closes_
all the way, didn't really care about this last November.  But
April, its different.  Finding a choke cable that will last more than
20 minutes, off to the bike stores, thanks for the idea.  And, a
serious re-assessment of last fall's tuneup.  The dieseling problem
has resurfaced.  And the dash lights still don't switch from OFF
to DIM, they're just off.

On the good, no great, side, new bushings, shocks, ball joints,
tie rods, and trunnions has done absolute wonders for the steering
and suspension.  Very tight, very controlled handling - and when
I cross a speed bump it doesn't sound like someone spilled the
bolt bucket on a concrete floor.  Thanks for the help with these
efforts the last four months.

Cliff Hansen
chansen@exis.net
1966 TR-4A  CTC 64615L