Re: bolt, bolt, where's a bolt?

To: amace@unix2.nysed.gov, amyjo@tranquility.net
Subject: Re: bolt, bolt, where's a bolt?
From: ArthurK101 <ArthurK101@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 19:56:14 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-04-26 16:07:48 EDT, amace@unix2.nysed.gov writes:

> On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, Amy Black wrote:
>
>  >    What kind of bolts hold the tranny to the engine?  My came without
>  > them.  Moss doesn't sell them.  TRF won't answer the phone.  Where can I
>  > get these?  S.O.S.  please send help now....

Amy, according to the factory manual:

Gearbox to Engine attachment      5/16" N.F. & N.C. Setscrew    8-10 lb ft.
torque

The manual does not have any big discussion about these bolts.  It just says
to "undo the nuts and bolts [and spring washers] holding the gearbox clutch
bellhousing to the engine backplate."  I could not find any specific
discussion about reassembly.  I also checked the Haynes manual and the
Autobook manual.  Ditto there.  Cheers.

Art Kelly