Life at Triumph - and a wonky computer

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Life at Triumph - and a wonky computer
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 20:36:23 +0100
Gentlemen,

I can only put it in LBC parlance.

Had a good poke around underneath, taking care where I put the jack. Then
checked out valve clearances, dizzy cap, rotor, contact breaker and plug
gaps, oil and water levels, full choke, a wee dab of accelerator - and
twist the key.

Fired first time, roared into life in fact, absolutely no spluttering, a
faint trace of blue smoke, oil pressure good, coolant stable, generator
charging at about 15 amps and it all quickly settled down to a steady idle
with a gruff bark from the tailpipe.

So many MANY thanks to ALL of you who sent (largely) the same ideas and
suggestions, a Kernel repair kit and full destructions from the Microsoft
'service department.'

All were studied in detail, some used. I just hope this LUCAS computer
doesn't do it again, as I now have 3 empty boxes of floppy disks in
strategic places to catch the synthetic oil leaks.

John Macartney
Blood pressure now stabilised at normal